Leaving Arizona was exciting as we board the plane for Atlanta, the one stop we had to make along the route to Rome. Just 3 1/2 hours and we would be to this mid-point on our journey. Everything went well, a short nap filled in with great reading material and iPod. Our scheduled Atlanta stop was to be 3+ hours. That all changed as we had equipment electrical issues and a change of planes.
Fortunately there was another aircraft just the same available. We took an amazingly short time to transfer everything from the origal 767 to that new Boeing 767. Then we were told of a cargo door problem. Some delay but safety first!! Our scheduled departure time was 4:30PM. We finally took to the air at 9:00pm. Time for a nap I felt.
Claudia and I had the entire center section of three seats which made our accomodations so much more relaxing than being sandwiched in a single seat. Dinner was almost immediately served. It was good needless to say. We were ready for something more than peanuts.
Should I stay or should I go......
Candid Camera in action.
This traveler is in a constant need of some product.
Little sleep can leave the heartiest traveler a little numb.
Dodging traffic could get to be an art.
Cars are small, lots of Vespa's that weave in and out of traffic.
Entering the St. Peters Square.
From our window we can see some of the city that seems to be poured into a very small space.




No comments:
Post a Comment